What appliances are included?

Generally only large appliances like fridges, freezers, ovens and washing machines will be included. You’ll need to bring small items such as kettles, toasters and microwaves with you.

Who is responsible for cutting the garden?

It is the tenants responsibility to maintain the garden throughout the duration of your tenancy unless it has been stipulated separately in your tenancy agreement under the ‘extra clauses’ section.

We are bills-included but we are receiving bills from an energy supplier through the post.

Don’t worry, these are not your responsibility. Phew! Please take a picture of the bill, email it to Fused and they’ll deal with it for you.

We are receiving bills for the previous tenants.

Please don’t panic! Instead, just contact the supplier and let them know you are not the tenants in question. They may ask to see a copy of your tenancy agreement to prove this. Please also take a picture of the bill and email it to us, or pop it into the office when you are next passing and we’ll provide the supplier with the forwarding address for the person responsible.

How often will you do inspections?

We generally conduct inspections twice a year. We do this to make sure the property is being looked after and to ensure it is safe and secure for you and your housemates. It’s also a good opportunity for you to let us know of any issues you’re having with your home or ask us any questions you might have. We will give you plenty of notice and we ask that at least one tenant is present. We do take photos to send to your landlord so please make sure the property is clean, tidy and free from rubbish. If we attend your property and we are unable to conduct the inspection because the property is in a poor condition or because there is no tenant present, please be aware there is a £30 re-inspection charge.


Is it my responsibility to change lightbulbs?

Yes, small reasonable repairs that happen during your tenancy are your responsibility as tenants. We don’t expect you to be DIY SOS, but changing lightbulbs, replacing fuses, unblocking drains, tightening loose handles and bleeding radiators all fall under this category. If you are unsure of what to do, just call us and we’ll be happy to help guide you.

Can I sublet?

No, subletting is not permitted as part of your tenancy agreement. We know circumstances can change, so it is possible to exit your tenancy early. However, to do so you will need to find a suitable replacement and pay an exit fee. Please refer to your contract or contact us for more information.

I don’t know who my current utility supplier is?

To find out who your current utility suppliers are call 0870 6081524 for gas, 0845 6015467 for electricity and 0330 303 1263 for water.