What is an inventory?
An inventory is a document compiled the day before your tenancy starts. We use a third party company to ensure there is no bias in the content of this document. It is an itemised and photographic list of contents and conditions. It includes everything from, walls, flooring, fixtures and fittings to furniture and appliances.
What happens on the day I move in?
We’ll contact you before you tenancy start date to organise checking in to your property. On the day, we’ll double check your payments and paperwork are all complete and explain the inventory process. After this you’ll be given the keys to your new home!
There’s something incorrect or missing on my inventory
The inventory company we use are normally very accurate, however if you feel there is something not right, it’s important you let us know! If there is something missing on the inventory you have 7 days to make any amendments or comments. The inventory will be emailed to you and it will contain instructions on how to do this.
Things to remember on move in day
- Take meter readings and contact your utility providers. Don’t know your supplier? Call 0870 6081524 for gas, 0845 6015467 for electricity and 0330 303 1263 for water.
- Contact Brighton & Hove City Council You can register online or call the Council on 01273 291291 for further advice.
- Get a TV licence You need a TV licence if you watch or record live TV programmes on any channel, or if you watch or download programmes on BBC iPlayer http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk
- Check your refuse and recycling collection days. Missing a refuse bin or recycling box? You can order one online and find out the collection days for your street by calling 01273 292929 or by visiting www.brighton-hove.gov.uk.
- Get contents insurance We strongly advise you to invest in your own contents insurance as the landlords insurance does not cover your personal belongings in the event of a fire, burglary or leak.