Public Consultation for Homes in Whitehawk
The Whitehawk Homes for Brighton & Hove Public Consultation October 2018 has unveiled a new proposal for 217 new homes in Whitehawk – 114 two-bedroom apartments and 103 one-bedroom apartments.
They aim to provide affordable housing for rental and sale, focusing on local working households with lower income. Whilst Brighton & Hove is known for its high property prices, low incomes and a significant elderly/support needs population, this partnership between Brighton & Hove City Council and the Hyde Group prides itself on working closely with the community to create suitable new housing. They predict this will bring:
– 700 new opportunities for education, training and apprenticeships
– 400 full-time construction jobs
– £350 million into the economy over the next five years
The ecologically sensitive proposal site has an area of 1.4 hectares and is located next to the Swanborough Drive apartment buildings. The advantages of this location include:
– Fantastic sea views & views of Brighton Racecourse
– Set in the heart of South Downs National Park
– Fruit trees & natural play areas
– A new access road for vehicles along Albourne Close
– 110 on-street parking spaces
– Two enhanced public footpaths for easy access (minimising visual impact on South Downs National Park)
Each new home will benefit from:
– Private balcony/garden
– Generous windows for sea/landscape views and natural light
– Lift access to all floors
– Good insulation to reduce the need for heating and energy bills
– Environmentally friendly building materials
– Minimal impact on surrounding landscape
Construction of this exciting new venture is estimated to commence in Spring/Summer 2019, to find out more info visit https://www.hyde-housing.co.uk/media/4108/whitehawk-consultation-boards.pdf
Don’t be chilly this winter!
14th November 2018
Don’t leave it until it’s freezing, if you make sure your heating is on regularly from October onward (depending on…
Emma’s been promoted!
7th November 2018
Emma, our Lettings and Marketing Co-ordinator has been promoted to Brand Manager this month! Emma has wonderful skills in marketing,…
Employee of the month – October
7th November 2018
Rachel has been ‘busting a gut’ to keep up with your deposit returns, everyday banking tasks and pot manager tasks….